You Know When That Hotline Miami Bling, That Can Only Mean A Level Editor
Hopefully some silly dance moves will be included. Hotline Miami 2 is looking to finally get its long awaited level editor, but it needs to go through a bit of testing first.
Dennaton Games has announced that the beta for the Hotline Miami 2 level editor is set to go live on the 10th of December. Best part of this? You don’t have to wait for an invite.
- You’ll Be Able To Play (Expensive) PS2 Games On Your PS4 Now | 2 months ago
- Jessica Jones Disempowers Its Male Characters And The Effect Is Refreshing | 2 months ago
- Hell Is 30 000 Deathclaws Tearing Through Boston And It’s Glorious | 2 months ago
- Sony Santa Monica Is Teasing Something Truly Strange | 2 months ago
Dennaton have been running a testing period with Testronic for the level editor and while there still seems to be quite a few bugs, they’re happy to release it to the public for testing. There are a couple of important things to note for the beta period though.
1. The beta is on STEAM ONLY. The forum makes it easier to gather bugs and the automatic update makes sure everyone is playing the correct version.
2. The beta is WINDOWS ONLY for now. The editor will support Mac and Linux later on. No editor for PS3, PS4 or Vita.
3. WORKSHOP IS NOT AVAILABLE AT THE BEGINNING but will be added later. Levels can be shared locally by sending the level folders around.
4. EVERYONE CAN GET ACCESS TO THE BETA WITHOUT INVITE! So we don’t need your Steam information or anything, you do this yourself when it’s available. More info on how you do that on release date.
5. ALL CONTENT IS AVAILABLE FROM THE START (some minor features will be added later).
6. NO PROMISES THAT LEVELS MADE IN THE BETA WILL CARRY OVER TO THE FINAL VERSION. Things will change during the course of the beta as we fix and update the code, so no promises that levels will stay the same or survive the whole trip.
7.THE PLAN IS TO HAVE THE BETA OPEN DURING DECEMBER TILL EARLY JANUARY and then have final version out shortly after that.
8. NO CUSTOM MUSIC EDITOR. If we let people get free music when they download levels we are viewed as a illegal file sharing tool. There is also impossible to make sure that if people added a track that the artist of that track is cool with the fact that he/she/they are in HLM.
9. NO CUSTOM SPRITE EDITOR from us but other people have already created their own and they work great:)
10. The plan is to have VIDEO TUTORIALS up before the 10th (or quite soon after) but I think you will figure out most of it without our help ;)
11. NIGEL IS HANDSOME!!!
A lot of the things listed make sense, but it sucks for console players that they won’t be able to get in on the
violence action. Hotline Miami had some difficult levels so I’m rather interested to see how the community is going to use these tools.
After seeing what people have been doing to Mario in Super Mario Maker, I have no doubt Hotline Miami 2 will see some intense productions. Hopefully Dennaton can find a way to at least bring some of the custom Hotline Miami maps to the console versions of the game.
The Hotline Miami 2 level editor beta will run from the 10th of December until early January after which the final version will release shortly after.