Star Wars Battlefront Is Resoundingly PlayStation 4-Based
Star Wars Battlefront received a lot of marketing from Sony in the build-up to its launch, and now that it’s been released, its playerbase is unsurprisingly PlayStation 4-heavy.
According to p-stats.com, who monitored EA’s servers over a 24-hour period, there was a peak of 183,329 players on PlayStation 4, whereas Xbox One and PC had only 153,285 combined players (104,993 and 48,292 respectively)
- You’ll Be Able To Play (Expensive) PS2 Games On Your PS4 Now | 2 months ago
- Jessica Jones Disempowers Its Male Characters And The Effect Is Refreshing | 2 months ago
- Hell Is 30 000 Deathclaws Tearing Through Boston And It’s Glorious | 2 months ago
- Sony Santa Monica Is Teasing Something Truly Strange | 2 months ago
In the UK, Battlefront became the highest launching Star Wars game of all time, topping the sales charts for this week past, pipping Fallout 4, Rise of the Tomb Raider and Call of Duty Black Ops III to the top spot.
These stats do follow the trend of players on the multiplayer servers, as sales on the PlayStation 4 were higher than Destiny’s first week sales on the console.
It is also the fourth largest launch of the year, and has outsold previous Star Wars best-seller, The Force Unleashed, by 117%. The current UK charts sit as follows:
- 01 – Star Wars Battlefront
- 02 – Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
- 03 – Fallout 4
- 04 – FIFA 16
- 05 – Rise of the Tomb Raider
- 06 – Lego Dimensions
- 07 – Assassin’s Creed Syndicate
- 08 – Minecraft: Story Mode
- 09 – WWE 2K16
- 10 – Need for Speed
So what do you make of Star Wars Battlefront? A good investment or a worthless cash-in? Let us know in the comments below!