Brawlhalla Fights Its Way Into Open Beta
Super Smash Bros. is a wonderful game but the only problem is, there isn’t really much choice when it comes to gameplay. While we did get Playstation All-Stars, that dream didn’t last very long which leaves us back with just Smash. This is where Brawlhalla comes in and thankfully it’s going into open beta very soon.
- You’ll Be Able To Play (Expensive) PS2 Games On Your PS4 Now | 2 months ago
- Jessica Jones Disempowers Its Male Characters And The Effect Is Refreshing | 2 months ago
- Hell Is 30 000 Deathclaws Tearing Through Boston And It’s Glorious | 2 months ago
- Sony Santa Monica Is Teasing Something Truly Strange | 2 months ago
Brawlhalla is a 2D platform fighter that has been in closed beta for about a year now and it looks like developers Blue Mammoth Games have decided to bring the fight to everyone.
Offering similar gameplay to that Smash, Brawlhalla is going free-to-play to bring the brawl to everyone. The developers are making use of the same free-to-play model used in popular MOBAs which is definitely one of the fairer models out there. Making use of free character rotations means that players do get to experience a wide variety of the characters on offer which means that you do get to try before you buy most of the time.
Brawlhalla’s developers have made the following statement about the game as well as their current development beliefs:
“We’ve spent a year in Closed Beta working with our Steam Early Access players to make Brawlhalla the game it is today. We’ve grown to over 80K active monthly players, seen a fierce competitive community emerge, greatly expanded the scope of our game, and are now opening the gates to everyone who wants to brawl.
Brawlhalla is the first (that we know of) 100% Free to Play fighting game that uses the F2P model of games like League of Legends, Smite, and Heroes of the Storm.
– 4 or 8 person Free For All, 1v1, 2v2, 4v4, Online or Offline, Casual or Ranked
– Worldwide NA, EU and SEA servers with rollback netcode
– Gameplay designed from the ground up for online play
– Easy to pick up, impossible to master
– Ever expanding roster of legends to chose from
– A fierce but welcoming competitive community, with a constantly shifting competitive meta
– A dev team that supports the game with regular bi-weekly updates
– Rewatch your finest matches with an automatic replay feature
– 100% Free to Play fighting game on the League of Legends/Smite model
We’ve designed Brawlhalla from the ground up to play smoothly online. We’ve also streamlined mechanics from other platform fighters to make it easy to pick up and to change main characters. We’re constantly adjusting balance and slowly adding new mechanics to the game to raise the competitive ceiling. We’ll continue expanding Brawlhalla by adding new characters, weapons, maps, and game modes for as long as players want to keep brawling.
As always, community feedback is incredibly important to us and will continue to be throughout the lifespan of the game. Let us know your thoughts in the comments below or hit us up on your favorite social media platform.”
Since the game is now free to play, why not give it a go? I’ve spent a little time with it and while I must confess it feels incredible different to Smash, it is definitely worth your time.