Magicka Dev’s Gauntlet Reboot Delayed
Announced in March, Arrowhead Games’ reboot of Gauntlet was originally set to release next week on September 3rd. It’s now been delayed by an entire twenty days to September 23rd. Omg. Can’t deal.
For the younger among us who’ve never heard of it, Gauntlet is a classic co-op hack ‘n slash dungeon crawler that released in 1985 on a predecessor to the consoles we have these days known as an “arcade machine“. Arrowhead, along with their publisher Warner Bros. Interactive, are working to release the reboot for $20 on Steam – so Windows and Linux only. Weird that they’re not releasing it on consoles at all.
- Bethesda’s First E3: Glorious Triumph And Some Disappointment | 23 hours ago
- Now What The Hell Can This Be? | 4 days ago
- Pro Evolution Soccer Retains Its One Bit Of Exclusivity | 4 days ago
- Want Some More Wang? | 6 days ago
If you feel like you’ve been struck a fatal blow by the delay, Malin Hedström from Arrowhead posted 3 things on their official blog that might make you feel better:
- A new walkthrough video giving an in-depth look into the game modes, heroes, relics and gear: Gauntlet Gameplay Walkthrough Trailer
- A Thank You to everyone who pre-ordered the game with a special in-game bonus item: The Spawn of Kerthull, a Wizard’s robe made from dead imps, who are the spawn of the greater demon Kerthull.
- Starting next week, over at the Gauntlet facebook page, there will be 10 consecutive days of caption contests! Every day you will have your chance to win a copy of Gauntlet by captioning and sharing a screenshot found on the page.
You can watch the gameplay trailer below, then we’ll all have a cry about the delay in the comments section.