What Exactly Is Activision Thinking With Destiny?
The next episode of The Bitter Duo is here, hosted by myself and AG. In this show we seek to be bitter about all the things that deserve bitterness. Or something like that. In our latest action-packed episode we discuss Destiny and Activision’s strategy with the game after hearing about the game’s ludicrous $500 million budget, making it the most expensive video game ever made.
Below you’ll find our shownotes for this episode.
- Destiny is officially the most expensive video game ever.
- We compare the budget behind Destiny to other giants like Grand Theft Auto V and The Amazing Spider-Man 2 movie.
- We break down the $500 million figure and speculate as to where it all went.
- General comments are made about gaming budgets.
- Surely Activision is confident of getting a return if they’re spending this much?
- We discuss the implications of the sheer amount of units Destiny needs to sell to break even.
- We talk about recent best-selling games in comparison to the target of Destiny.
- Why it’s difficult to believe Destiny can achieve the same level of success.
- Activision knows how to make money, so do they know what they’re doing?
- Is Destiny Activision’s answer to Titanfall?
- Is it a coincidence that Call of Duty is going sci-fi in the same year that Destiny releases? Shared popularity perhaps?
- Plenty more!
- AG gets creepy.
Be sure to subscribe if you enjoy the video!