The Bitter Duo: The Problems With Definitive Editions
The next episode of The Bitter Duo is here, hosted by myself and AG. In this show we seek to be bitter about all the things that deserve bitterness. Or something like that. In this episode we discuss the growing trend of ‘definitive editions’, after the recent announcement of The Last Of Us Remastered for PS4. Issues regarding pricing and content are explored, and ultimately it is debated whether they should be encouraged going forward.
Here are the show notes for this episode.
- We talk about the growing trend of definitive editions or next-gen ports, with reference to Rayman Legends, Tomb Raider, The Last Of Us Remastered and launch titles.
- We discuss the good and the bad, and whether we want these editions.
- The core issues are highlighted and elaborated on, namely price and content.
- We explain where we dislike these editions, and where they can benefit us.
- We discuss the ‘$10 upgrade program’ and why it is not being applied across the board yet.
- We give our proposed solution on the fairness of these editions to the consumer.