The Bitter Duo: Infamous Second Son Makes All The Wrong Choices
The next official episode of The Bitter Duo is here, hosted by myself and AG. In this show we seek to be bitter about all the things that deserve our bitterness. Or something like that. In our second episode we discuss Infamous Second Son and its poor implementation of a morality system, which has not seen any progress since Sucker Punch’s first game in the series.
Here are the show notes for this episode.
- You’ll Be Able To Play (Expensive) PS2 Games On Your PS4 Now | 2 months ago
- Jessica Jones Disempowers Its Male Characters And The Effect Is Refreshing | 2 months ago
- Hell Is 30 000 Deathclaws Tearing Through Boston And It’s Glorious | 2 months ago
- Sony Santa Monica Is Teasing Something Truly Strange | 2 months ago
- We first put out a disclaimer that Infamous is a good game. Read our review.
- We explain what’s wrong with the morality system in Infamous Second Son.
- Disappointment is expressed at it not changing since the first game.
- We criticise the system in Infamous Second Son extensively, breaking it down for its lack of consequence, and failure to impact the story or game world.
- We bring up many examples of other games that have done well here.
- We discuss organic decision making, consequence and the absence of an alignment meter.
- References to Dragon Age: Origins, Spec Ops: The Line and The Walking Dead are made.
- We talk about morality affecting the game world, like in Dishonored.
- We discuss how morality should empower the player with being in charge of decisions.
- The ingredients to a good morality system are brainstormed.