The Bitter Duo: It’s About First Impressions, And The Order: 1886 Made A Bad One
The pilot episode of a new EGMR production, The Bitter Duo, is here, hosted by myself and AG. In this show we seek to be bitter about all the things that deserve our bitterness. Or something like that. In our debut episode we discuss the new gameplay footage of The Order: 1886, and why it failed to make a spectacular impression on us – with the exception of those visuals of course.
Here are the show notes for this episode.
- You’ll Be Able To Play (Expensive) PS2 Games On Your PS4 Now | 2 months ago
- Jessica Jones Disempowers Its Male Characters And The Effect Is Refreshing | 2 months ago
- Hell Is 30 000 Deathclaws Tearing Through Boston And It’s Glorious | 2 months ago
- Sony Santa Monica Is Teasing Something Truly Strange | 2 months ago
- Hi. We briefly introduce ourselves.
- Religious figures are mentioned – and Hitler.
- We provide some background to The Order.
- We talk about the premise, what’s interesting about it, and what initially captured our attention.
- We chat about the recent gameplay footage, and why it failed to impress us.
- Apart from the visuals of course.
- We compare its footage to that of the Uncharted trailers, as The Order is being compared to those games, or Sony’s “Naughty Dog” game.
- We wonder why that footage was greenlit to IGN.
- We talk about the problems with the footage.
- We mention the game’s obscene levels of hype.
- Excitement levels have dropped, and why.