Titanfall’s PC Requirements Shouldn’t Scare You One Bit
It’s getting to the point where we’re hearing something new or rehashed about Titanfall every single day. It’s driving some of us mad (read: Azhar) and others crazy with anticipation (read: me), so it’s a good thing we’re both being catered for today with some new, but still very Titanfall, news.
This time Vince Zampella took to twitter to reveal the PC requirements for their multiplayer only shooter, which will release alongside box 360 and Xbox One on PC and Origin. As you’d expecte Origin is required to play the game and the soon to be announced beta, just in case you thought for some reason an EA published game wouldn’t require it.
- You’ll Be Able To Play (Expensive) PS2 Games On Your PS4 Now | 2 months ago
- Jessica Jones Disempowers Its Male Characters And The Effect Is Refreshing | 2 months ago
- Hell Is 30 000 Deathclaws Tearing Through Boston And It’s Glorious | 2 months ago
- Sony Santa Monica Is Teasing Something Truly Strange | 2 months ago
As for the specifications, well they’re extremely mild.
- OS: 64-bit Windows 7, 8, 8.1
- Processor: AMD Athlon X2 2.8GHz or Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz
- RAM: 4GB 512MB VRAM
- Graphics card: Radeon HD 4770 or GeForce 8800GT
Based on those requirements, I probably could run Titanfall at a decent framerate on the PC I had before I upgraded 3 years ago. It puzzles me because while Titanfall isn’t exactly pushing visual boundaries, it certainly looks extremely good and smooth. Then again, these are only minimum requirement and not the recommended ones, so that could be the difference.
But it seems more likely that Respawn want to go all Call of Duty here and create a game that can be run and enjoyed smoothly on a host of machines for the sole purpose of a smooth multiplayer experience. It’s not a bad call either, especially if the gameplay doesn’t make you think twice about it.