Xbox One Console And Game Launch Sales Are In, And It’s Strong
Earlier today we reported that Microsoft has been rather coy about its sales figures. Now, while that seems to still be the case, our information on worldwide launch sales has come in from VGChartz, and it’s looking pretty strong for the Xbox One.
In case you missed it, you can steal a quick glance at the PS4’s launch sales, although the comparison won’t be the best considering that Sony’s machine launched in the US only while the Xbox One has launched simultaneously in its 13 territories.
- You’ll Be Able To Play (Expensive) PS2 Games On Your PS4 Now | 2 months ago
- Jessica Jones Disempowers Its Male Characters And The Effect Is Refreshing | 2 months ago
- Hell Is 30 000 Deathclaws Tearing Through Boston And It’s Glorious | 2 months ago
- Sony Santa Monica Is Teasing Something Truly Strange | 2 months ago
Either way, the Xbox One launched on November 22 in North America, Europe, Australia and New Zealand. Microsoft announced soon after that the console sold more than one million units in less than 24 hours spread across its 13 territories. Now, sales for the first 48 hours are in.
It’s been confirmed by VGChartz that the Xbox One has sold 1,186,324 units in its first two days.
Furthermore, the software sales are also in, which show really strong figures. Sadly though (not for our Call of Duty fan girl Peloma), Call of Duty: Ghosts was also the biggest opening, like it was for the PS4, with 755,462 units sold. That puts the attach rate at 63.7 percent. By comparison Battlefield 4 sold 436,069 units, and had an attach rate of 36.8 percent. Just kidding about the “sadly” part.
As you would naturally have expected, Forza Motorsport 5 was the bestselling exclusive game at launch, with sales of 423,317, which impressively surpassed Killzone: Shadow Fall. Elsewhere, Dead Rising 3 sold 282,877 units, Ryse: Son of Rome sold 281,660 units, and Zoo Tycoon sold 20,650 units.
In total, an awesome 3,246,484 games were sold in the first two days in the US. For every Xbox One that was sold gamers picked up 2.74 games.
The full breakdown of the list is down below.
1. Call of Duty: Ghosts – 755,462
2. Battlefield 4 – 436,069
3. Forza Motorsport 5 – 355,148
4. Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag – 331,032
5. FIFA Soccer 14 – 304,445
6. Dead Rising 3 – 282,877
7. Ryse: Son of Rome – 281,660
8. Madden NFL 25 – 107,560
9. Need for Speed Rivals – 97,212
10. NBA 2K14 – 83,514
11. LEGO Marvel Super Heroes – 41,693
12. Just Dance 2014 – 29,661
13. Skylanders SWAP Force – 23,347
14. NBA Live 14 – 21,276
15. Zoo Tycoon (2013) – 20,650
16. Fighter Within – 5,545
17. Angry Birds Star Wars – 1,164
Microsoft has not yet released official information though on sales or failure rates, so we’ll be waiting for that.
Otherwise, congratulations to Microsoft is in order for a strong Xbox launch.