eGamer Podcast #61: Phantom Pain In The Ass
Recorded: 10 December 2013
Welcome to episode sixty-one of the eGamer Podcast, now with a million percent more real points and at least one conversation about gaming. We promise. It’s another long one so definitely hold onto your hats because you’re going to be in it for the long haul.
- You’ll Be Able To Play (Expensive) PS2 Games On Your PS4 Now | 2 months ago
- Jessica Jones Disempowers Its Male Characters And The Effect Is Refreshing | 2 months ago
- Hell Is 30 000 Deathclaws Tearing Through Boston And It’s Glorious | 2 months ago
- Sony Santa Monica Is Teasing Something Truly Strange | 2 months ago
Topics discussed include the pricing inconsistencies with next-gen consoles, how hype affects our impressions of games and the VGX awards and ways it could be done better.
Here’s the shownotes for this week’s episode:
- Mislabelling the Xbox One.
- Adam survived getting ear-fucked.
- The true capacity of a next-gen console’s storage.
- AG misses Alessandro.
- We answer your questions…
- Azhar tries to stop, and fails.
- Faulty appliances everywhere.
- We discuss when we’re getting our next-gen consoles.
- There’s some Dota 2 talk.
- Cavie’s had some weird experiences during promotions.
- Hideo Kojima’s plans (or lack thereof) with Metal Gear Solid.
- Cross-platform games with platform-exclusive content.
- Peloma watches stuff while talking about things.
- What we were doing when news of Mandela’s death was revealed.
- WTF is Granite SDK?
- Who would buy a two-hour game at full retail?
- The blending of genres.
- Parties and the crazy stuff that doesn’t go on.
- The kind of drivers we are… seriously, wtf?
- Before we end the podcast, look at this image.
- Aaaaaaaand we’re back to talking about old games — this time, Uncharted 2!
- Shit gets real.
- Alessandro joins in time to cue that tasty guitar riff.
Don’t forget that you can subscribe to the RSS feed so you never miss an episode. Enjoy.