PS4 Consoles And Games Launch Sales Revealed, And It’s Pretty Darn Impressive
I think no matter which kind of fan you are, the launch of the PS4 was something to widely celebrate, as will be the launch of the Xbox One next week. Barring the unfortunate failure rates, which is sadly part and parcel of new electronic systems, it’s been amazing. Based on our last information, the failure rate seemed to be extremely low, but bear in mind that this was before launch day, and now that there are a staggering amount of PS4s out there, we’ll have to wait for an update on that.
The story today, however, is that the launch figures are now in, which includes console and game sales, and it’s pretty darn impressive.
- You’ll Be Able To Play (Expensive) PS2 Games On Your PS4 Now | 2 months ago
- Jessica Jones Disempowers Its Male Characters And The Effect Is Refreshing | 2 months ago
- Hell Is 30 000 Deathclaws Tearing Through Boston And It’s Glorious | 2 months ago
- Sony Santa Monica Is Teasing Something Truly Strange | 2 months ago
Last Friday in North America the PS4 launched and within 24 hours set a record for the biggest opening for a console in history. The PS4, now deemed the fastest selling console, sold a staggering 984,212 units in the US only, according to VGChartz. Across North America, the PS4 sold 1.06 million units. This is currently referred to as week one sales, which is only for Friday and Saturday, and by the end of the week we will have even more spectacular figures to mull over.
Regarding games, Friday and Saturday sales in the US reveals that Call of Duty: Ghosts is leading the charts with sales of 703,638 units, which adds up to a 71 percent attach rate and will certainly make our Peloma one very happy lady. On the other hand, Battlefield 4 sold 396,187 units, which puts its attach rate at 40 percent.
Killzone: Shadow Fall was, as expected, the highest selling exclusive with 355,148 units sold. For the first two days on sale, the attach for the game is at 36 percent. Many would be surprised to hear that Knack, despite it not receiving the best of reviews, was pretty successful as well, selling 102,749 units.
Another mind-bending figure to consider is that in total 2,417,516 games were sold in the first two days in the US. For every PS4 console that was sold, gamers picked up 2.46 games on average.
The full game sales chart is down below.
1. Call of Duty: Ghosts – 703,638
2. Battlefield 4 – 396,187
3. Killzone: Shadow Fall – 355,148
4. Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag – 345,176
5. Madden NFL 25 – 133,176
6. NBA 2K14 – 111,674
7. Knack – 102,749
8. Need for Speed Rivals – 94,157
9. FIFA Soccer 14 – 77,914
10. LEGO Marvel Super Heroes – 32,188
11. NBA Live 14 – 21,652
12. Skylanders SWAP Force – 18,681
13. Just Dance 2014 – 17,569
14. Injustice: Gods Among Us – 5,143
15. Angry Birds Star Wars – 2,274