Batman: Arkham Origins Is Half Of Arkham City In Launch Week Sales
Batman: Arkham Origins has made its debut at the number one spot in the UK all-formats charts. However, that’s just the good news. The bad news, or rather the disappointing news, is that according to Chart-Track it has only managed to sell half the amount its predecessor Batman: Arkham City did in the same period of time.
Whether that is attributed to the game itself or the fact that next-gen consoles are so close and people are reluctant to spend big as a result – or both of these – is in question.
- You’ll Be Able To Play (Expensive) PS2 Games On Your PS4 Now | 2 months ago
- Jessica Jones Disempowers Its Male Characters And The Effect Is Refreshing | 2 months ago
- Hell Is 30 000 Deathclaws Tearing Through Boston And It’s Glorious | 2 months ago
- Sony Santa Monica Is Teasing Something Truly Strange | 2 months ago
Apparently, Batman: Arkham Origins has sold almost exactly the same amount that 2009’s Arkham Asylum managed in its first week on sale. Believe it or not though, the all-time best-selling Batman game in the UK is actually not from this series, but is Lego Batman from 2008.
You can check out the full chart down below, and you can also take a look at our review of Batman: Arkham Origins to see what’s up with that.
GfK/Chart-Track Top 10
- BATMAN: ARKHAM ORIGINS
- GRAND THEFT AUTO V
- FIFA 14
- SKYLANDERS SWAP FORCE
- POKEMON X
- POKEMON Y
- MINECRAFT: XBOX 360 EDITION
- LEGO THE LORD OF THE RINGS
- MOSHI MONSTERS: KATSUMA UNLEASHED
- JUST DANCE 2014
- DISNEY INFINITY
- F1 2013
- BEYOND TWO SOULS
- LEGO BATMAN 2: DC SUPER HEROES
- ROCKSMITH 2014 EDITION
- MAX PAYNE 3
- TOM CLANCY’S SPLINTER CELL: BLACKLIST
- THE SIMS 3: INTO THE FUTURE
- ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW LEAF
- SONIC: LOST WORLD