Gamescom 2013: Battlefield 4 Trailers, Season Passes And Levolution
EA’s press conference that happened to finish just over an hour ago wasn’t exact the most exciting keynote we’ve ever seen. However, if you happen to be a Battlefield 4 fan and can’t wait to see more of the destruction, explosions and level evolution, then you’re in luck. Not only were there three more videos shown off during the conference, DICE also managed to give you a new word for the day.
“Levolution” is the new tagline for what DICE describes as the evolution of each and every map in Battlefield 4, which will be affected by the dynamic weather system, some mind-blowing destruction and set events that change the landscape of the battlefield.
- You’ll Be Able To Play (Expensive) PS2 Games On Your PS4 Now | 2 months ago
- Jessica Jones Disempowers Its Male Characters And The Effect Is Refreshing | 2 months ago
- Hell Is 30 000 Deathclaws Tearing Through Boston And It’s Glorious | 2 months ago
- Sony Santa Monica Is Teasing Something Truly Strange | 2 months ago
Just check out the trailer below for all the juicy details, including how to correctly announce “Levolution”.
Along with that, EA and DICE took the opportunity to announce a rather large Season Pass, or Premium package, that will accompany Battlefield 4 and carry a rather massive price tag. Around $50 will get you a rather large amount of content, including 5 fully fledged expansion and weekly content updates, which is pretty awesome if you ask me. Still though, that price tag..
Here’s a quick breakdown of what’s included with the Premium Pass:
- Battlefield 4 Second Assault – Includes four fan-favorite Battlefield 3™ maps now re-imagined with the power of Frostbite™ 3. Available first on Xbox One.
- Battlefield 4 China Rising – Players fight for dominance across the vast and majestic Chinese mainland. Available December 2013.
- Battlefield 4 Naval Strike – Experience dynamic ocean combat as the Chinese armada takes the fight to the sea. Available Spring 2014.
- Battlefield 4 Dragon’s Teeth – The US strikes back engaging in all-out urban warfare. Available Summer 2014.
- Battlefield 4 Final Stand – Bring the war to its epic conclusion. Available Summer 2014.
- Two-weeks early access to all expansion packs for that competitive edge
- Unique personalization options including camos, paints, emblems, dogtags and more
- Priority position in server queues
- New content every week
- 12 bonus Battlefield 4 Battlepacks
- Transfer Battlefield 4 Premium membership from Xbox 360 to Xbox One and PlayStation 3 to PlayStation 4.
Aside from that, there was a new Multiplayer trailer released, which you can quickly check out below.
Is that enough of a Battlefield 4 fix for you today? Are you sure? Well, there was also the little detail about the public beta, which will begin in October. Players who purchased Medal of Honor: Warfighter will have immediate access, but EA has promised to reveal more ways to get in soon. There’s bound to be more, so stay tuned.