Guild Wars 2 Gifting Players With New Content Every 14 Days
Yesterday we published an article about the self-destruction of MMO’s. In short, MMO’s are more and more alike, allowing the strong competitors to stay strong and making newcomers seem late to the party. Innovation is on short supply in the genre, but that doesn’t seem to apply to Guild Wars 2 developers ArenaNet, who revealed yesterday that their highly popular sequel will receive major content updates every 14 days.
The announcement comes off the back of some major content updates that have taken place over the past month, and the developer states that it wants to continue with this “two-week major release cadence”. Its small updates, but its new raids, equipment and more every 14 days, which is really a feat for the MMO developer.
- You’ll Be Able To Play (Expensive) PS2 Games On Your PS4 Now | 2 months ago
- Jessica Jones Disempowers Its Male Characters And The Effect Is Refreshing | 2 months ago
- Hell Is 30 000 Deathclaws Tearing Through Boston And It’s Glorious | 2 months ago
- Sony Santa Monica Is Teasing Something Truly Strange | 2 months ago
AreanNet intends to start this plan with the Bazaar of the Four Winds, an update that will feature “the mystical flying Zephyr Sanctum has landed, bringing magical crystals and amazing movement skills to traders and adventurers alike.” So what content can players expect from that?
- Belcher’s Bluff Mini-game: Players can put their Omnomberry Juice drinking skills to the test in this new, permanent mini-game, and challenge their friends in PvP mode.
- Sanctum Sprint Race: Navigate a dizzying obstacle course in this competitive race that will send players leaping over barriers and flying through the air.
- Lessons from the Sky Scavenger Hunt: Players will need to show their mastery of wind, sun and lightning as they search for Sky Crystals and explore hard-to-reach places in the Labyrinthine Cliffs.
- Account Achievement Reward System: Starting with this release, players can unlock rewards like exclusive new armor skins, weapon skins and permanent account bonuses as they earn achievement points. They can also earn laurels, gems, gold, powerful items, and PvP and WvW rewards as achievement scores grow.
- New PvP Map – Skyhammer: Players can battle for control of three capture points in the new Skyhammer map, a high-tech Asura lab packed with jump pads, shattering floor panels and a gigantic, mega cannon.
- Aspect Back Items: Players can compete in the Sanctum Sprint for a chance to earn one of three special back items representing the aspects of wind, sun and lightning.
- Personal Quartz Node: Once players complete the meta achievement for this release, their home instance will have a daily resource node, allowing the harvesting of quartz – a new material being introduced in this release for crafting new recipes.
- Zephyr Sanctum Model: Players who complete the Lessons from the Sky achievement will be awarded a miniature model of the Zephyr Sanctum, allowing them to view the ship at any time, even after it has flown away.
That’s a pretty amount of content that should get the 14 day cycle off to a good start. Making a phenomenal MMO even better with free content, carry on ArenaNet.