Gamers Need YouTube According To Google
Google recently conducted a study to assess how gamers use YouTube and long story short, we can’t live without it. So to speak in a hyperbolic manner of course.
Looking at the stats behind all the video game related content on YouTube and the results show that we use all of it, all the time for all manner of things. Below are some key points from the study:
- You’ll Be Able To Play (Expensive) PS2 Games On Your PS4 Now | 2 months ago
- Jessica Jones Disempowers Its Male Characters And The Effect Is Refreshing | 2 months ago
- Hell Is 30 000 Deathclaws Tearing Through Boston And It’s Glorious | 2 months ago
- Sony Santa Monica Is Teasing Something Truly Strange | 2 months ago
- 50% of overall views were for videos made by developers/publishers, while 47% were for “community” clips like “Let’s Play” videos and walkthroughs.
- A staggering 1 in 3 views for gaming clips took place on a mobile device, Google hypothesising that much of these were “second screen” views, done while gaming on a TV or PC for things like FAQs.
- The most popular clips on YouTube aren’t announcement trailers; they’re reviews.
- Over 50% of the views associated with a game took place in the month before launch or immediately after launch.
- 95% of gamers watch gaming videos on YouTube.
For more reading, check out the full report here.