eGamer Podcast #36: The Great Used Games Debate
Recorded: 18 June 2013
Note: This episode was recorded on Tuesday night and edited and scheduled around midday yesterday, which means that the discussion on used games is almost entirely irrelevant now that the Xbox One policy changes have been shared with the world, however we feel it’s still worth sharing for the purposes of debate, so we’ve kept everything as is. Here’s the article in its original format.
Popular Articles Recent Articles
- Life, The Universe And Gaming: A Survivor’s Guide To Fallout 4 With A Partner | 1 day ago
- Review: Fallout 4 Is Fantastic But Far From Flawless | 1 day ago
- Quantum Break Is Officially “Fucking Stunning” | 4 days ago
- Toast On Jam: Fallout 4 And Backwards Compatibility – Gaming’s Unhealthy Obsession With The Past | 6 days ago
Used games and The Last of Us. That’s essentially what episode thirty-six of the eGamer Podcast is all about. Okay we talked about other things too but mostly, it was those two topics that dominated. In this week’s episode, Azhar, AG, Alessandro, Adam, Peloma and myself were all there to share in the fun.
Here’s the shownotes for this week’s episode:
- “Seven whole minutes late!”
- Alessandro has already eaten… what’s the point of going on?
- This just in! Gangsters are hipsters who wear hoodies with holes in them.
- Microsoft might be trying to silence Don Mattrick; join our celebration!
- Azhar has a bone to pick with Cliff Bleszinski.
- We talk about used games and the development costs of modern games.
- For a while.
- Seriously, quite a while.
- Yeah, we’re still going on about it.
- Almost done, promise.
- Adam wants us to get our Jewish games right.
- People enjoy attacking the person who stands against the tide.
- Cavie shares a conversation with a friend about the podcast.
- A belated welcome!
- What would you do without used games around?
- How to take advantage of the Xbox One Family Share feature.
- Aaaand we’ve returned to the used games debate.
- Will tiered pricing models ever become a thing?
- Dean gives a great argument. (without actually making an appearance.)
- Would Steam Sales equivalents help the situation on consoles?
- We discuss games being sold as components.
- Buying Steam activation games versus Xbox One’s online activation methods.
- Is the limited Xbox One release schedule a form of Error 37 avoidance?
- Don Mattrick’s worst quotes of 2013.
- Why you would want a Kinect with your Xbox One.
- Innovation using motion controls and voice recognition.
- Some of us have played The Last Of Us, and want to talk about it.
- Find out why you should turn off Listen Mode in The Last Of Us.
- Peloma played The Last Of Us on Easy, WITH Listen Mode.
- If you’ve been to prison, you’ll enjoy The Last Of Us.
- “I drop bullets on all the bitches.”
- AG is going to Germany to have a socialist party.
- We answer your questions.
Feel free to share this podcast with as many friends as possible. Here at eGamer, we’re all about the consumer, so we offer many ways of podcast sharing. Even if you’ve already listened.
Don’t forget that you can subscribe to the RSS feed so you never miss an episode. Enjoy.