E3 2013: Sony Conference Round Up
It’s been a rollercoaster of a night, and I really do mean a rollercoaster. This year will certainly go down as one of the better E3’s in recent years, as the question on everybody’s lips was finally answered; would Sony implement DRM in the PS4? The resounding answer? No, absolutely not.
In fact, we were a bit worried about Sony’s conference about half-way in, with only a few showings of already announced exclusives and only one or two new titles to tantalize us. Then came Indie support, followed by the massive Final Fantasy reveals from Square Enix. Things we’re looking up, but then the real bombshell came. Sony literally took targeted shots at Microsoft, announcing the exact opposite DRM policies that their main competitor announced just a few short days ago. The smile on Jack Tretton’s face was priceless, and the internet exploded with claims that Sony had just won the next-gen console race before it had even started. Microsoft still have the chance to bounce back with a change of policies, but right now it’s looking decidedly grim.
- You’ll Be Able To Play (Expensive) PS2 Games On Your PS4 Now | 2 months ago
- Jessica Jones Disempowers Its Male Characters And The Effect Is Refreshing | 2 months ago
- Hell Is 30 000 Deathclaws Tearing Through Boston And It’s Glorious | 2 months ago
- Sony Santa Monica Is Teasing Something Truly Strange | 2 months ago
Either way, if you’ve missed anything from Sony’s keynote earlier this morning, be sure to check out every single link below. Trust me, you don’t want to miss a thing.
- Here’s Our First Look at the PS4
- Sony Destroys Microsoft With DRM And Price
- PS4 Launch Titles Confirmed
- Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag Gets A Gameplay Trailer
- Kingdoms Heart 3 Is Confirmed
- PlayStation Plus Now Required For Online Play
- Fresh Watch Dogs Gameplay
- Mad Max Announced For PlayStation 4
- Meet The Assassins Of Batman: Arkham Origins
- Take A Look At A New PS4 Exclusive, The Order 1886
- Gaikai’s Cloud Service Brings Backwards Compatibility To PS4
- Final Fantasy XV And XIV Announced For PS4
- Indie Games Heading To PS4
- Take A Long Look At Destiny
- PS4 Confirms More Than 30 Exclusive Titles In Development, And Over 100 Games For The First Year
- The Elder Scrolls: Online Comes To PS4
- Try To Make Sense Of Quantic Dream’s New Title
And that’s what she wrote, or at least, that’s what Jack wrote. Sound off on the comments below on your favourite parts of Sony’s conference, I bet I can guess what it was for most of you.