Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow Gets An Ultimate PC Version
With Castlevania: Lords of Shadow II on its way to a console near us all, Konami have gone and decided to do something completely bonkers and release the first Lords of Shadow title on PC, some three years later. Well, not exactly the same version of it. This one is being called Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Ultimate Edition. Because that really stamps home the fact that it’s the last version of the game to release for retail, we assume.
Now I’m one of those people who enjoyed the reboot, Lords of Shadow, and if you can find our review of it on this site, you will see as much, so I’m quite happy about this, however I do have a few lingering questions regarding the graphical quality of the game, as well as the pricing point, which has yet to be confirmed.
- You’ll Be Able To Play (Expensive) PS2 Games On Your PS4 Now | 2 months ago
- Jessica Jones Disempowers Its Male Characters And The Effect Is Refreshing | 2 months ago
- Hell Is 30 000 Deathclaws Tearing Through Boston And It’s Glorious | 2 months ago
- Sony Santa Monica Is Teasing Something Truly Strange | 2 months ago
Here’s what you can expect of this new PC edition which will release in a downloadable and physical retail version, from the official statement:
- New Features: The Ultimate Edition offers the original full game plus add-on content: Reverie and Resurrection. It also boasts enhanced 1080p HD graphics, runs at a solid 60 frames per second via recommended spec, and offers trophy integration through Steam with Cloud saving.
- New Storyline: Players can immerse themselves in the brand-new Lords of Shadow storyline, meeting classic characters and experiencing tangential side stories.
- New Weapons and Skills: Overcome obstacles using the Combat Cross multi-function weapon and hone platforming skills within this sprawling adventure. Swing across chasms, climb sheer walls, rappel down cliffs, grip and pull away obstacles.
- New Titan Battles: Conquer behemoth enemies of terrifying size, where special attacks and cunning speed are required for advancement.
- New Exploration: Explore gothic ruins, dark castles, barren forests and frozen wastelands. Discover a whole world to investigate with many routes and hidden secret places that contain items to aid Gabriel on his quest.
The latter four points are just marketing blurb, I assume, but that first one, that’s the seller for me. It’s got the full game which is quite the treat for anyone who enjoys third-person action adventure titles the likes of God of War or Darksiders, on their PC. And you get the very pivotal DLC for the game, which will fill the gaps quite nicely, for those who are hoping to pick up the sequel once it’s out.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Ultimate Edition releases via Steam on August 27th, while the physical version is expected out by the end of that week. Pricing is still to be confirmed, but here’s hoping for something cheap — after all, the original game on consoles sold for next to nothing, only a few months after it was out.