The Xbox One Reveal Results In Pure Disaster – A PR Nightmare
I decided to try something different. Usually my rants are carefully planned assaults spanning walls of organised rage in text, but I decided to just let my anger flow naturally this time.
I simply let the camera roll and began a rage reaction. For those who can’t watch, here are the show-notes and main points discussed:
- You’ll Be Able To Play (Expensive) PS2 Games On Your PS4 Now | 2 months ago
- Jessica Jones Disempowers Its Male Characters And The Effect Is Refreshing | 2 months ago
- Hell Is 30 000 Deathclaws Tearing Through Boston And It’s Glorious | 2 months ago
- Sony Santa Monica Is Teasing Something Truly Strange | 2 months ago
- The name Xbox One.
- The reveal event was not for gamers, and the difference in vibe between PS4 and Xbox One events.
- I’ve never watched a reveal where after the reveal I have more questions than I did before.
- The absolute shit storm that ensued after the event. It’s a PR nightmare.
- No clarification whatsoever from Microsoft. You can’t get a straight answer. It’s unacceptable.
- How could they not be prepared for these questions?
- The bombshells dropped after the reveal event.
- The difference between Sony and Microsoft’s events. Sony had better balance. Microsoft were on one extreme, and neglected the hardcore audience completely.
- How E3 won’t help this situation (because Microsoft haven’t even finalised policies).
- Why did they speak about things like this if they have not finalised anything? Why not issue no comments? It’s basically a PR mess, and an unorganised disaster.
- My disappointment at the “game demos” simply just being tech demos. Even below that actually with them merely being developer in-house demos.
- They just kinda said it on the side that there are 15 exclusives and 8 new IPs, nothing was even teased (aside from Remedy’s title). How many are perhaps Kinect only?
- Microsoft did not actually respond to the PS4 at all. Does this mean they don’t care? That they aren’t going to compete with Sony only after this? That they’re expanding their audience and target market, or focusing elsewhere? Who knows.
- What I personally expected and wanted from the reveal.
- Why did this event require an extra month’s delay? Clearly it wasn’t to get everything ready for a guns-blazing show.
- Watching the event felt like they were just totally unprepared and trying to fill the minutes.
- The number one issue: the used games issue, and why on earth Microsoft has commented on it five times if they can’t even clarify and haven’t even set the policies yet. Why even bring it up? Are they trying to get a “feel” for how gamers will react?
- Neither event particularly blew my mind, but I had a much better vibe from the PS4 conference, and walked away ready to see more at E3. With the Xbox One, the attitude is one of skepticism, and now Microsoft has to “prove themselves” at E3 rather than show us more to add to our existing excitement – like the case is with the PS4.
- Microsoft has always been great at advertising, how the hell did this happen?