This Week In Indie: Fire And Ice Bundle And Humble Bundle With Android 5
This week has been an uneventful one in terms of indie game news. Although, what we have this week is two big bundles for you to purchase if you’re in search of games at a good price point. Otherwise, this week has been deadly quiet with a few developers finally receiving their dev units of the Ouya and posting about how wonderful they are. The Ouya, by the way, is indeed wonderful. I badly want one. But I digress, and we should get on with discussing the bundles for the week.
The first bundle I’d like to talk about is called The Fire and Ice Bundle, and is being marketed as the pay-what-you-want bundle by Bundle Stars. All the games in the bundle are available for Steam and Desura. There is a diverse range of games in this bundle, and range from many different genres. There are so far 10 games available in the bundle, with the last two still hidden, and in the process of being revealed, shown as Mystery Titles. For the minimum of $1.25 (R11) you can have two Steam games, which includes Tiny Troopers. So if you pay more than the average you can unlock the 6 additional games. The money you use to purchase the bundle will go to the game developers and to help charity. You essentially save 95% off the official retail price of all the games included. There are 25 days left before this bundle expires. The games included in the bundle are:
1. Tiny Troopers is a Mac- and PC-compatible action strategy game that puts you in charge of a team of small soldiers. Guide your tiny troopers through 30 deadly missions as you save hostages and eliminate enemies.
2. Airport Control Simulator is a flight simulation game that places you in the role of an Air Traffic Controller. Control the planes by changing their speed, altitude and direction across multiple airports.
3. Adam’s Venture is the first game in the exciting adventure series. Take control of young explorer Adam Venture as he begins his quest to find the long lost Garden of Eden.
4. Adam’s Venture 2 is the second installment in the adventure game series. Take control of Adam and his crew as they become entangled in a plot featuring a ruthless dig for the ancient King Solomon’s treasure.
5. Armada 2526 is a sci-fi strategy game in the space opera tradition. Take charge of a galactic empire, explore the galaxy, expand your territory and destroy rival empires.
6. Darkness Within: In Pursuit of Loath Nolder is a horror adventure game inspired by the work of H. P. Lovecraft. Attempt to solve the murder of Clark Field by uncovering secrets in the haunting darkness.
7. Darkness Within 2: The Dark Lineage is the second in the Lovecraft-inspired horror adventure game series. Take the role of police detective Howard Loreid as the saga comes to its unsettling conclusion.
8. Real Heroes: Firefighter is a first-person fire-fighting simulation game. Enjoy an adrenaline pumping shooter experience as you battle flames and rescue victims across 9 unique levels.
Plus two mystery titles.
Finally, the new Humble Bundle with Android 5 has arrived from Humble Bundle. You can pay what you want for Beat Hazard Ultra, Dynamite Jack, Solar 2, and NightSky HD. But if you pay more than the average of $6.65 you can unlock Dungeon Defenders (with all the DLC) and Super Hexagon. All six games are available for Android, Windows, Mac and Linux. There are also amazing soundtracks included in the bundle, in both FLAC and MP3.
As is the norm, all the games in the bundle are DRM-free and will work on nearly any platform. By purchasing this bundle, you’ll be supporting not only the developers of the games, but will also be giving to charity in the process. This is a great bundle to purchase, and Humble Bundle offers great value as always. This is definitely a bundle worth your time, and there are 11 days left before the bundle expires.
Well that’s it for this week. There was not much in the way of indie game news this week, but at least there are some awesome bundles to bide your time with. Remember to check back next week, and keep up-to-date with your indie news.