South African Call Of Duty Teams Will Get The Chance To Play For $1mil
The Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 World Championship is later this year in Los Angeles, USA. It’s far away, and attending is a dream for many of the local players. However, this is a dream which can come true.
MWEB GameZone, Megarom Interactive and the Electronic Sports League (ESL) are looking to afford one local team the opportunity to attend the event, as long as they are the best team in the country. To find the best team, there will need to be a filter tournament.
- You’ll Be Able To Play (Expensive) PS2 Games On Your PS4 Now | 2 months ago
- Jessica Jones Disempowers Its Male Characters And The Effect Is Refreshing | 2 months ago
- Hell Is 30 000 Deathclaws Tearing Through Boston And It’s Glorious | 2 months ago
- Sony Santa Monica Is Teasing Something Truly Strange | 2 months ago
The Black Ops 2 World Championship has a $1-million prize, which is as big as it gets–apart from League of Legends.
What You’ll Need To Do
On the 17th of March, teams will play against one another in a massive Xbox 360 tournament. Everything will be administered by MWEB GameZone where registration is open from now until 14:45 on 17 March. Then, games will start at 15:00 on the same day.
MWEB are planning to host games themselves, therefore no player will have any host advantage whatsoever. If you’d like a good ping, you should consider switching to MWEB for the games–even if you use a trial uncapped account. Hint, hint.
Players who participate will need to have a valid passport, as well as enough cash to fund a US visa. Once all of this has been arranged, they will receive $1,000 to cover costs of the visa and the like.
Then, after that, all costs to Los Angeles will be covered. For free.
Games will be played on Xbox 360.
To be able to qualify for the World Championship you must meet these requirements:
- Players are required to be 18 years, or older, at the time of qualification (17th of March 2013).
- Teams are restricted to 4 Players per team, there are NO substitutions
- Players who are in the final, need to submit a scanned copy of their passport to Gamesmaster@mweb.com prior to the final commencing. Failure to do this will result in the team being disqualified.
- Players must have a valid passport with at least 6 months before expiry (Sep 2013)
- Players must have at least 1 empty page in the passport.
- Team members must agree to travel to Los Angeles to attend the Call of Duty: Championship on the 5-7 April 2013, including any travel time.
- Players agree that they will assume responsibility for obtaining a US Visa, which is required for travel to the Call of Duty Championships. The costs of this visa will be borne by the player. Information for the US visa is here.
- Players must be resident in South Africa to participate.
By entering a team, teams are agreeing to the following:
Call of Duty Championship Rules: elite.callofduty.com.
If you have any questions:
When does the cup start and how long will each round take?
You can signup until 14:45 SAST of the day of the cup, the cup starts at 15:00 SAST. Each round takes approximately 90 minutes, so the 2nd round starts around 16:30 SAST, 3rd around 18:00 SAST and so on. If you receive a default win in the first round, please stay ready so you can already start the 2nd round as soon as you get your net opponent.
Where can I get help during the cup?
If you are having issues during the cup, use the matchcomments to communicate with your opponent as well as our admin staff, or simply use the Webchat. You can also use the Support System, but for quick responses during the cup we recommend using the matchcomments and the Webchat.
Finally, these are the important webpages to remember: