Assassin’s Creed IV Details Blowout
Assassin’s Creed IV has officially set sail and is presently on its developmental journey. The debut trailer was leaked this morning and now we have a a boat load of details to throw at you.
The game will feature Edward Kenway, father of Haythem Kenway from AC III and will focus primarily on the Caribbean region, specifically the pirate culture that dominated the seas. rather than regurgitating details, rather just read the full list of details.
- You’ll Be Able To Play (Expensive) PS2 Games On Your PS4 Now | 2 months ago
- Jessica Jones Disempowers Its Male Characters And The Effect Is Refreshing | 2 months ago
- Hell Is 30 000 Deathclaws Tearing Through Boston And It’s Glorious | 2 months ago
- Sony Santa Monica Is Teasing Something Truly Strange | 2 months ago
- Freedom underpins everything in Assassin’s Creed 4.
- There are eight studios working on the game. Ubisoft Montreal is leading, with Singapore, Sofia, Annecy, Kiev, Quebec, Bucharest, and Montpellier assisting.
- AC4 is set in the West Indies in 1715, the world is totally seamless.
- There are 50 unique locations including cities, jungles, ruins, coves, and caves, all with hidden treasure and adventure.
- You can harpoon whales, go diving, and loot ships
- There will be proper assassinations with targets that you choose how to approach and take out.
- You’ll fight against, and alongside, infamous brigands like Edward ‘Blackbeard’ Teach, Benjamin Hornigold, Calico Jack, and Anne Bonny.
- Major cities include Kingston and Havana, and there’ll be dozens of smaller settlements and port towns scattered around the world to explore and pick up missions from.
- The new hero is Edward Kenway – father of AC3’s Haytham. He is selfish, cocky, and charismatic.
- Edward owns his own ship, the Jackdaw. It can be upgraded, repaired, and customised, and you can manage her crew.
- As you sail the high seas you can climb the crow’s nest and use a spyglass to search for ships on the horizon. This tells you how strong they are and what cargo they’re hauling
- Weather and physics will play a larger role in naval combat
- There are different classes of enemy ship, including ‘chargers’ who’ll try and ram you and shatter your hull.
- There aren’t any interruptions in the transition between naval combat and boarding a ship
- You can approach ships from any angle, weaken them with your cannons, then attach grapples to pull them towards you and storm the deck. Or swim around the back unnoticed and slit the captain’s throat for the stealth-loving players.
- Instead of Desmond, the modern day is centered around you, a ‘research analysts’ working at Abstergo and living out the past Edward Kenway,
- Many of the multiplayer modes from previous games will return
- It all looks fantastic. The waves are especially impressive, tossing ships around as lightning streaks across the sky.
- Footage shown was likely running on a development PC
- Ubisoft are planning an ‘enhanced’ PlayStation 4 version that will make use of the new controller, and have much better visuals