Spec Ops Dated & Delayed
One of the new IP’s that I’m most looking forward to this year is Spec Ops: The Line. The game looks fantastic and just looks like it could really be something a little bit different for a change. Unfortunately, we’ll all have to wait a bit longer than expected since the game has now been pushed back to June 26.
Spec Ops originally debuted in 2009 and went quiet for a long while before emerging refreshed and resplendent last year. It was initially predicted to have a March release, then got pushed to a release sometime in May and has now been held off for just a bit longer.
- The EGMR Offensive #8: Dawn Of The Force | 4 days ago
- Grand Theft ASUS: R1.4 Million Of Asus Hardware Stolen In Distributor Hijacking | 6 days ago
- GTA V Cracked Open For Modding Despite Rockstar’s Best Efforts To Prevent It | 1 week ago
- AMD And Nvidia Develop The Nvideon R9 Titan Red VR For Half Life 3 | 4 weeks ago
That said, this gives you more than enough time to consider the Premium Edition if you’re planning on really getting stuck into the multiplayer.
By pre-ordering the game from participating retailers (hopefully BT Games will be one of those) you’ll get the FUBAR pack for multiplayer which includes:
- 2X XP for the first week of release
- Clan Accessory Pack: Features exclusive skins and accessories for all classes
- The AK-47 is unlocked at level 1
- Officer class gameplay bonuses open up at level 1. The benefits of officer class include bonuses to squadmates and other classes, unique officer class kit, ammo and grenade drops for squadmates.
I sincerely hope the wait is worth it. Find out more about Spec Ops at the link. To reiterate, Spec Ops: The Line is out on June 26 for PC, Xbox 360 and PS3.