Sony PSP’s Fifth Birthday – Today!
Today, in North America, Sony celebrates the fifth year of the PlayStation Portable’s life – the five-year anniversary, if you will. The PSP originally shipped to stores on the 24th of March 2005. Whoa, has time really flown that fast?
Current statistics indicate that, since launch, over 245 developers have made software for the PSP. At the moment, more than 520 games are currently available. There are, at this point in time, around 300 titles available on PlayStation Network,which incudes PSP Mini games and PlayStation One re-released classics.
- GTA V Cracked Open For Modding Despite Rockstar’s Best Efforts To Prevent It | 4 days ago
- AMD And Nvidia Develop The Nvideon R9 Titan Red VR For Half Life 3 | 3 weeks ago
- Nintendo Confirms Pokémon MMO Coming This Year | 3 weeks ago
- Review: Battlefield Hardline Plays Well, Resonates Horrifically | 3 weeks ago
A brief timeline to show the PSP’s evolution over the years:
- 2005: PSP launched
- 2007: PSP-2000
- 2008: PSP-3000 (the one with the enhanced LCD screen)
- 2009: PSPgo, the fully digital PlayStation Portable (did not use UMD discs)
Happy birthday, PlayStation Portable! Oh yes, and with great birthdays, comes great cake.
[Source of Stats: Destructoid]