Sony PSP’s Fifth Birthday – Today!
Today, in North America, Sony celebrates the fifth year of the PlayStation Portable’s life – the five-year anniversary, if you will. The PSP originally shipped to stores on the 24th of March 2005. Whoa, has time really flown that fast?
Current statistics indicate that, since launch, over 245 developers have made software for the PSP. At the moment, more than 520 games are currently available. There are, at this point in time, around 300 titles available on PlayStation Network,which incudes PSP Mini games and PlayStation One re-released classics.
- Life, The Universe And Gaming: Playing Hero Is Boring | 1 week ago
- Microsoft To Get More Aggressive Pushing Windows 10 Upgrade In 2016 | 2 weeks ago
- GTA Online Has Become Spoopy | 2 weeks ago
- Review: Halo 5: Guardians Lockes Down The Gameplay Experience Masterfully | 2 weeks ago
A brief timeline to show the PSP’s evolution over the years:
- 2005: PSP launched
- 2007: PSP-2000
- 2008: PSP-3000 (the one with the enhanced LCD screen)
- 2009: PSPgo, the fully digital PlayStation Portable (did not use UMD discs)
Happy birthday, PlayStation Portable! Oh yes, and with great birthdays, comes great cake.
[Source of Stats: Destructoid]